The arts enrich our lives. From the high school musical that attracts an entire town to the regional theater that brings groundbreaking new plays to life, the arts make us smarter, increase our happiness, and connect us more deeply to each other.
Quite simply, the arts are essential to the proper functioning of American society. Among other crucial benefits, the arts:
• Bring beauty into our lives
• Challenge us to think in innovative new ways
• Knock down racial, geographic, and generational walls
• Preserve our collective memory
• Shape our identities from childhood through old age
• Provide jobs and enhance the nation's economic health
• Nurture skills that help America compete in the dynamic global marketplace
The Arts Action Fund is the only national organization that mobilizes Americans in the fight for arts funding and arts education. We're building a nationwide army of citizen activists who will help guarantee that arts-friendly public policies are adopted at the federal, state, and local levels. Won't you add your voice to the chorus?