I hope that everyone has enjoyed reading the various thoughts and stories from leaders across the country during our bi-annual Blog Salon (come back in September for our second one).
- Talia’s story of training school leaders to look at student work using the Qualities of Quality.
- The results Merryl shared from her program, DREAM.
- Lynne’s explanation of partnerships that have (and have not) worked for her national association.
- Seth’s ideas for shaking up education.
- Jane’s call to let go of the notion that “models” from the “pockets of excellence” in the field will emerge and conveniently help us “scale up” and solve all of our problems.
- Joyce’s simple reminder that creativity is the answer to this search for quality.
After reading all of these posts, have you decided on your own equation for quality in your community? I’d love to hear your final reflections in the comments section.
To view the salon in its entirety, please use this link: http://bit.ly/y9d2JV.