SATURDAY, JULY 2, 2010
1. To influence the creation and maintenance of policy responsive to the needs of fine arts educators within the NEA.
2. To actively work toward the implementation of policy through participation and influence on the NEA committees and governance bodies.
3. To provide a mechanism to support candidates for NEA office who will most benefit the cause of furthering Fine Arts Education within the NEA.
4. To provide a mechanism by which state and local association fine arts educators may introduce recommendations, secure support, and initiate action on concerns of fine arts members at the state and local level.
5. To increase awareness among all educators of the need of fine arts specialists in the regular school program.
6. To encourage the establishment of Fine Arts Caucuses at the state and local levels of NEA affiliates.
VI. Review of 2009 RA NBIs
A. Discipline-specific arts certification p. 13 of buff REPORTS document.
B. Fine Arts Teacher E-Survey (were any of you surveyed?) p. 15 of buff REPORTS document. How do we follow up on this information?
VII. This year’s likely NBI’s or items of informal action.
- NEA official liaison to the caucus;
- Protecting Arts jobs nationwide;
- Survey: the next step.
Membership--$10.00 with pin and membership card. Shirts $20.00.
Pins for non-members $5.00. Non-profit booth open Sunday, Monday & Tuesday 9:00-5:00 pm.
IX. Electronic communications—we need your texts & emails (neatly printed)
X. Setting a long range plan.
XI. Agenda items for tomorrow’s meeting.